Sunday, 19 June 2011

Wednesday June 15th 2011

0900h We were given the option to stay here last night because we are a day ahead of schedule and the cost here was descent. (50tl a night with water and power) We chose to stay but that only gives us till 1500h today. Malcolm gave us a short list of chores we weren’t expecting so that shortens up the day and I’m on galley duty so the beach is not going to happen. We got the vacuuming done , washed down the cock pit and filled the water tanks ( we were down to ½ of the last 1 of 4). I prepped the tomatoes , cheese and lettuce to get ahead.
1200h I still have time to get to the post office and get my stamps and I grabbed a bottle of wine too. Some last minute email checks at the cafĂ©, a smoke and tea and it’s back to make lunch.
1430 we head out while I do galley clean up.Plan is to go back to “ the lake”. Malcolm wants to check out the hot springs and anchor for the night.He would rather stay in a secluded spot then stay near the cities. I prefer the cities. It’s nice to see how the people are living and experience the water front( all of 20,000 people here)
01600h we arrive at the lake actually Bedemli Limani
Altan video taped me going in the water which has only happened 2 other times. ( on my yellow air mattress)Finished up the “ the girl with the dragon tattoo” It was ok. I would give it a 7. Look forward to the next 2 books.
Now I’m starting on ‘hell on the high seas’ true stories of sailing survival against the odds. !!!
1900h dinner served, chicken stew with carrots and green beans on egg noodles. It was all eaten. I think I have 2 more dinners to do before I go !I was joking about going below to clean up and Malcolm started to call me “cindi” (rella)
2100h after I finish dinner dishes I went up to the cock pit. “hey ‘cindi’ they shouted. They had the side panels of the bimini down as it was spitting and a bit windy.I thought the shore behind us looked a bit close and we were not moving at all. Malcolm got the engine started and we all went up to the bow. Yes , we some how swung around to a high spot or the anchor was dragging a bit. Back to safety and swinging freely again , we had a laugh.