Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Wednesday June 8 2011

Left,Alison,Tim,Right Teresa,Mark
Sunday June 5th 2011
Before leaving the marina in Kusadasi we prep the boat for another 3 days anchoring. I tend to vacuuming and wiping down the floors. Alison and Mark fill the water tanks up. We have 4 tanks and considering there are 6 people aboard skipper Malcolm says we are doing a great job of conserving water while out of the marina.
I said we are just a dirty crew than most ! Lol
The tarp we had over the boat need to be removed. This was put up yesterday to keep us cool. Temperature today was suppose to be 90 but I think with the breeze on the water we won’t feel it.
1000h we head out of the marina, our next stop for lunch,a deserted bay good for getting out of the wind. Arrive at 1200h.
It’s galley day for me! Chicken salad and fresh bread, salad and olives for lunch, slider burgers with fried onions and mushrooms, rice and salad for dinner.
1430 we depart and head to our overnight anchorage in Korman 38 01’.8N 26 52’.2E
Since I am on galley duty I usually relax on the bow and let everyone else share the helm. The wind was coming from the right direction so we had the sails up today. There were at least 2-3 meter waves. I had a nap and was getting cooled off by the spray and breeze. Got some color today !
Tim took a dip in the bay and check out the hot springs in the cave near the rock edge. I haven’t been in the salty waters yet. The temp.of water is 25 degrees here.
2000h Dinner went over well. After clean up I joined Alison ,Mark, Tim and Malcolm for a game of cards.( monopoly).
The guys went to there cabins and Alison and I sat at the dining table and finished writing up the past 2 days. If you don’t get the days done right away you tend to forget what you did. Each day is almost the same when you are anchoring. Get up .,move , stop for lunch, move, stop for dinner ,overnight etc.
It’s now 2230h and I need to load some photos so I get them all straight when I add them.
I will do a page of photos from the boat separate. I have had a request to get crew photos up so you all know who I am talking about. We traveled 23 miles today. Good night, Sleep tight.



Overnight anchorage

Marina pool $10 for the day

Freya with suncover on.Very hot day at Marina