Sunday, 19 June 2011

Friday June 17th 2011

0800h It was a bit of a rocky night and at one point I woke up and could hear the shit hawks screeching for some reason. Busy in the galley everyone hanging out and chatting. No room to get in to get my coffee !!!
0900h we head over to another “lake” this one in the middle of the Ayvalik Archipelagos via the Dalyan Bogazi (Channel).39 19’25N 26 37’.9E
1000h We anchor and pull down the dingy to head into town to check out the area. We have put the small motor on since it’s a bit farther to go and bit wavy.
Alison and I take off exploring the back streets. Right on the harbor is an old abandoned building so we checked it out. Found a man with his cart of stuff in behind he zoomed of down the hill in his cart with 2 different size wheels !It’s sad to see these old buildings falling apart and left to die.
Lots of interesting buildings along the way.We are walking down the back streets 2 over from the promenade, we see the places people live, some poor, shops and interesting alley ways. Back on the promenade it’s time to find some WIFI.I show a guy my computer ,,, wifi? He doesn’t have. Next restaurant/cafĂ© the waiter is speaking English ! He has WIFI and they are right next door to the post office. Jackpot ! Mail postcards and internet, it’s a great day ! 1230h time to head back to the boat, we run into Altan ,he’s waiting to take us back to the dingy. Lunch is at 1300h and it’s Reeds turn.
After lunch we need to go into town again to pick up supplies. There will be 4 days ahead that we may not have much of a choice in the meat department.
1400h We didn’t see any big markets in Alibay so we decide to head over to Ayvalik across the harbor. Back in the dingy Mark, Altan and I go to the big supermarket that we could see with the binoculars , get in and get out in 20 so we can get over to our overnight anchorage at the other end of the “lake”.
1700h we are now anchored in Kumru Buku.(bay) Water temp. 30 ! I was hot sitting on the dock and would have jumped in but now that we are on the boat and there is a breeze, I’m going to pass on the swim.
1900h Dinner was a great Quiche and some rice with cooked green beans and tomatoes. For dessert we had Halva on orange slice. (ground sesame and honey type of candy) (I’ve been eating Halva since I was very young, can be bought at home).
2115h Full and lazy I read a bit in the cock pit and then head down to the dinette to finish my blog.
Kumru Koyu(Cove) night achorage.

Ayvalik for some provisions

One of many restaurants on the harbor in Alibay

Back street shopping in Alibay

Buildings along the harbor in Ayvalik. Alibay and Ayvalik a few miles from each other in the Archibelagos.
We traveled only 10 miles today zig zagging around this group of islands.Tomorrow we head over to another island within the archipelagos Patricia Limani.