Saturday, 4 June 2011

Friday June 3rd 2011

Friday street market

My carpet man helping us find grocery store

Friday market shopping

Shopping street where i got my carpet.Get your fake stuff here !
We set out again this morning at 0700h Too early for me and I didn’t sleep well with my shoulder pain starting to get to me. I decided to stay in bed and watch some tv show from the hard drive. Falling asleep again till 10.
Of course I get the , Good Morning with a bit of attitude from the Malcolm (correction , skipper, not captain). He is the one with the bald head in the having dinner on deck pic I posted earlier.
I have some red spots on my arms and face that I think are either from sun or a combination of sun and sun block. Used the sun block before so not sure what is going on. They are not bites, no bugs around. Hoping it doesn’t get worse, putting a damper on hanging out on the top deck.
1200h
We arrived at the Kusadasi marina. Fairly large , right in the city. Lots of restaurants at the Marina.
Alison did a nice lunch at the usual 1330.Smorgasborg of cold salads,tuna,olives,corn and beans.
After lunch Alison and I took a walk into town to see the Friday Market of fresh fruits and veggies. We didn’t have time to buy. Shopping tomorrow.
Found the grocery store, butcher and bakery !!
Lots of shops full of knock off clothes and purses. Just like Bodrum.
If someone is wearing Chanel or Hugo Boss , it’s probably fake.
Stores with Real Fake Watches ! ( 80 bucks)
Stopped into a carpet store just to look. There was a girl weaving on outside the shop. It has been ordered by someone. 14 months to complete . Silk, 1’X2’ and probably 4-7 thousand dollars. It was pretty.
I didn’t want to buy a rug but…. They make it sooo easy ,, free shipping to your home. I bought a wonderful lambs wool, it was made for a dowry in 1948. Yes It’s an old rug. Can’t wait to see it on my floor ! (5 X 7)I’ll be working 7 days a week in the winter !
1700h Came back to the boat and had a shower , dinner and then a few hands of the Monopoly card game.
2400h
I am presently having a beer at the marina restaurant so I can get my mail and internet connection to send off my blog entry.
Should had back now so I can get some sleep. We are heading to Ephesus in the morning at 0900h. Ancient ruins. Should get some great photos if the cruise ships don't come in on Saturday morning.


This is my last port for the next 3 days. Saturdays isn't ready and we sail out Sunday morning for 3 days at anchorages. Will post a couple days worth then.

Hope you are all well and enjoying the blog.
The weather is getting hotter so we have put up the tent over the lounge area of the boat. Pictures to follow.

Oh and Florian is leaving us today 3 days early.Less cooking for me Sunday, my turn again, ugh !
We pick up 2 swedish girls for a week long stay. Some of us are looking forward to that !!!!