Today was a day of just hanging out and exploring more of the town, eating drinking , reading etc,
The winds are still 20 knots with lots of white caps.The plan is the same,stay till Saturday.
The town is really quite small so once you walk around for an hour you pretty much see everything. I changed some money and checked out a few shops that were not open before.
Some more boats came in and now we are full , about 20. There’s a big motor yacht beside us 68 ft. brand new. One had left the marina and come back in for something.When he left the swell was so bad it rammed another boats gang plank. I happened to see him leave but at the time didn’t know the story , and video taped him leaving.I guess he left without paying he dock fee.It was a big new boat and the guys were doing a delivery to the new owner. Taking advantage of the nice ride I guess.
Had a beer in town with Altan, Mark and Alisan. The wine fest is starting so lots of people are coming in by ferry. The town is busier so it’s nice to see people sitting around at the cafes and restaurants.
1900h Malcolm had met Peter on the Blue Star (40ft)a few boats over. He is from England,( semi-retired) traveling with one friend,Anthony. He will be solo for a week after Anthony leaves him in Canakkale. I thinking I may catch up with him one day for a sail around Greece. They came over to our boat for a few drinks and some sailing stories. Peter left his business card with me. He’s had his share of adventures. He took his first sailing course in 2004 ,bought a 38’ in 2005 and sailed to Greece from England. He’s been traveling the area ever since, going back to England during the winter months.