Monday, 20 June 2011

Saturday June 18th 2011

1000h Just the usual lunch stop and overnight anchorage today. We are still in the archipelagos.Today we will travel approx. 18 miles. We have one large island with small ones all around. We often are on the other side of the island from the night before and can see the same landmarks from behind. We are not really covering a large land area but a lot of miles by water. If you get what I mean? not sure if that made sense.The large bay has a causway on one side so you need to go all the way around. You could walk the distance in a shorter time. 1230h Our lunch stop is Poroselene just a quiet little bay. I got in the water with my yellow air mattress. Water is clear but nothing to see just grass and sandy bottom.Have yet to see any coral. No fish, just the odd sea urchin.Altan has attempted to do some fishing and trawling with no luck.
1430h We are off to Patricia Limani around the corner.For a bit of excitement while I was on the helm I saw a speed boat heading towards us not veering off coarse from us which I thought would be rude causing a wake.As they got closer and I was looking through the binoculars I realized it was the police. They gestured for me to idle.They pulled along side and asked Malcolm for our papers. When we were in Cesme the broker didn’t complete the papers correctly and also Malcolm was trying to hold off buying another transit log ($100)which he would need to get eventually anyway (?)They suggested that when we get to Burhaniye we see the harbor master and get it straightened out. With Altan aboard and able to speak Turkish I think they were being friendlier. One of the policemen did speak English.10 min and we were on our way again.Nadeane is on galley duty today.Nadeane and Reed from Vancouver are borderline tree huggers. When they arrived she had mentioned to Malcolm that she is on a wheat free diet. Oh boy ! That didn’t go over well, so he explained to her that the crew will NOT cook any differently to adjust to her diet. She should have mentioned it in her emails. 200g of meat for dinner meals ! None of this veggie rice stuff. For dinner Nadeane made eggplant with ground beef on top. She was testing the waters only putting 300g total meat in the dish. Malcolm liked it and it filled his belly so he let it go. I think he got tired of reacting to some of her actions and remarks. Earlier at lunch she said she didn’t want him to put plastic in the microwave,glass only and he made it clear that they were microwave dishes.In turn they were both using plastic water cups to make there HOT tea in.(inconsistent) At dinner Nadeane she pulled out the big knife to cut the eggplant in his new Teflon grill pan. !!!oh boy!Malcolm says he’s stressed !We got a plastic utensil and I dished out his eggplant for him. Some of us were laughing inside. !!
Nadeane and Reed depart on the 25th so they have galley days one more time!
2030h Some after dinner conversation and then we all did our own thing.
Full moon June 18th Patruica Limani
I settled into my cabin and watched a couple of movies.