Friday, 3 June 2011

Tuesday May 31st 2011
1030
We have departed Bodrum and are heading to a small cove for lunch. We will sail for approx. 2 hrs.
Since it was my turn for galley duty and didn’t spend much time up top but there wasn’t much to see. Lots of hills and tiny villages sometimes just a house or two in the middle of a hill with very few roads.
1230 we stop ( IIIica ) I have prepared a light pasta salad with a side of canned tuna for the ones who wanted some protein. Malcolm says 200g of meat per person. I think he likes his meat ! After lunch I also am on clean up duty which take an hour. Rinsing with sea water and washing with the fresh to save on water.
1430 we set out to the next spot to anchor for the night approx 20 miles.
( Salih. Ad.)We arrive and anchor at 1630. The spot is quiet with just 2 small restaurants on the water and small beach with permanent umbrellas and chairs. No one is on the beach. Everyone took a quick dip before dinner. Water temp 25 degrees.We don’t go to shore on the dingy in the small cove because there isn’t really any public places or things to see.
Dinner is to be ready by 1930. Menu: shrimp curry with rice from a bag bought in Greece. Wasn’t sure what kind it was until it was cooked. Found out it was sticky rice which is kinda pasty for my liking. Everyone ate what was on there plate with no leftovers so I guess I passed. Lol
The evenings are warm so we always eat out on the deck. After dinner we sat around and drank some wine and had some laughs.
Everyone goes off on there own to do what they like. I’ve been watching some of the stuff I brought on my hard drive usually falling asleep by 10.
The photo is of the underside of the marina dock in Bodrum. Very clear water. Refection of a life ring ,but you can see the chains and power lines that run underneath.. Lots of little fish.


Clear water at the Bodrum Marina