1000h I got up!!! Didn’t even notice the boat had stopped moving and rolling.I guess the pill helped.
After breakfast we dropped the dingy.The anchorage was on the edge of a very small hamlet with a few homes scattered up on the hills and along the water edge where the short stone walls at the edge of the properties almost dipped into the water.
1300h Galley duty for me for the last time. even though it was only once a week it seemed like a chore cooking lunch and dinner for 7 and cleaning up the mess. I appreciate what my mother did to keep 2 young children fed and having to work all day. Thanks Mom.After lunch Paul,Jenny,Alison and I took the dingy to shore.Three of us just wanted to have that cold beer and a smoke that we planned on back in Canakkale.Up until yesterday I was the only smoker and it didn’t bother me to go without for 3 or 4 days.Not sure how Paul and Jenny will do.
We split up in town Jenny and I heading up the steep road to check out the view. Lots of hills and water, the island is 3 x4 miles. Very few people live here but funny there is a huge ferry that comes in every 2 or 3 hours, a tractor got on and a truck got off.
We headed back down and went to the only restaurant for a beer. Not sure if anyone even drank here! We got our beer for 3.50 each. When Paul went up to get one he was charged 4.50 by a different guy.Kids jumping off the small ferry dock and swimming. Lots of jelly fish here,you can see them floating around rhizostoma pulmo1500hWhen Paul and Jenny went to grab another beer they were told it’s all gone till 1700h when I assumed a delivery would be made.
1530h The beer arrived early. Looked like about 48 beers were dropped off.I guess there aren’t to many drinkers here !!!
1630h we row back to the boat, Paul seems a bit wobbly with his rowing. I heard from Alison later that Paul was drinking wine after breakfast !1830h Dinner is almost ready and Paul is into the previously opened bottle of red wine by the time dinner had started ,I made breaded chicken strips, purple cabbage the way my mom made it and rice. Paul was opening his second bottle. Dinner over and sitting around, Jenny made a comment to paul about uncorking the bottle and not letting it breath a bit before he gulped down a glass. He laughed and said it tasted fine and proceeded to tell us how his cousin bought him a wine preserving thingy that keeps the wine fresh, laughing that he never had to put wine away ,he always finished the bottle and when he opened a bottle of whiskey with his buddies , he threw away the cap. I think the trip could get interesting for the rest of the crew, Paul is scheduled to stay for 90 days AND Malcolm had already mentioned to Alison that she would be bunking with him later on in the trip. !!!! Without asking her first !!! I didn’t think it was right and told her she should speak to him about it.2000h Paul is now very tipsy. Jenny and I want to go for our last puff on shore before putting the dingy away but we needed to go without Paul. We didn’t feel safe having him in the dingy so unstable on his feet.While he was in the head (bathroom) we yelled down to see if anyone wanted to go. We didn’t get an answer so we jumped in the boat,as we did paul came up so we just said we are going to the washroom and he said “oh”.
Had a tea and a smoke in the village café and got back to the boat by 2200h. Paul was already snoring.
Paul just split with his wife in September and mentioned once or twice that she got it all. Heavy drinker maybe !??